Robert Boyne organized 3 Hockey Nights at the Park - November 28th, December 14th & February 20th, this winter at the OTS Hall. This was a new opportunity to utilize the facility, socialize with existing members, and give the facility more visibility to all others.
Annual General Meeting: A big thank you to Alta-Fab Structures Ltd., Hi-Tech Seals Inc., and Reliance Industrial Products Ltd. for sponsoring the social part of our January 11th meeting.
We thank the following 3 individuals who retired from the board of directors for their years of service :
- Stan Kondratiuk (1977 to 2006)
- Paul Wilson (1999 to 2006) of T3-Oilco Energy Services
- Georg Eger (2003 to 2006) of Reliance Hydraulic Systems & Mechanical Service Ltd.
We were very fortunate to have the following 8 individuals let their names stand for board of directors.
- Adam Cayer of Rockbusters
- Pat Matthews of AOG International
- Mel Davis of Red-L Distributors Ltd.
- Dave Lewis of Trace Applications Inc.
- Craig Ferguson of PV Fluid Products Ltd.
- Kevin King of Fatigue Masters Inspection Ltd.
- Mathew Rolfes of Premium Oilfield Inspection Services
- Steve Vanderwater of Reliance Hydraulic Systems & Mechanical Service Ltd.
Craig Ferguson, Mathew Rolfes, Mel Davis and Steve Vanderwater were elected to the board. We would like to thank Adam Cayer, Dave Lewis, Kevin King and Pat Matthews for their interest in running for the board and hope that they will consider running again in the future.
24th Annual Crib Tournament: 110 teams registered for this year’s tournament. Eric Janisch and Darin Choquette of Titan Supply LP were the big winners at this year’s tournament. Go to Crib Tournament to check out the rest of the winners and sponsors.
Annual Family Picnic: We were blessed with great weather for the picnic on June 3rd. Over 100 children and parents had a great day of fun & laughter and of course food. The new playground that was installed on the prior weekend was a hit with all the kids. The day was packed with face painting, balloon animal art and games.
5th Tent Party / Bar-B-Que Blowout: We had over 2,700 people attend this year’s party. $13,500 was raised from the gate receipts for the Children's Wish Foundation. An additional $500 was donated to the Children's
Random attendees voted the Southwest Oilfield Products (Alberta) Ltd. booth as having the Best Theme and the Best Food. PowerComm Inc. came in 2nd and DRS / Rig Products Inc. 3rd in theme. While MD Totco NOV was 2nd in food and Reliance Industrial Products Ltd. 3rd the best food.
The Edmonton OTS Executive thank the Tent Participants for making our event a great success. The participants did a phenomenal job
37th Annual Golf Tournament: We had 247 people enter, unfortunately, we could only accommodate 216 individuals in the tournament. The Windermere Golf course was in great shape and we were fortunate to have two of the nicest days in August. Please check out Golf Tournament Results and Sponsors.
Some of the big winners were:
- $8,000 was raised for the CNIB - check out the Edmonton Journal press release.
- RBC Dominion Securities donated $1,000 and raised another $830 with the raffle at the 3rd hole for the for the Children's Wish Foundation.
- Scott Toshack won the Titleist Club raffle on Thursday
- Janet Little won the King Cobra Club raffle on Friday
- Monica Wood won the Thursday Night Skill competition at the Park.
- Clarence Muzechka, Michael Chyzowski and Gordon Trefananko were the early bird draw winners
Rick Kautz was honoured for his past contributions at the Golf Banquet. Check out the Wall of Honor for more details on Rick and the past recipients.
Fall Classic: The Casino Night held on September 28th was good a good time with great food. The winners of our Casino Draw were:
- Tina Atkins - $250
- Bev Rolfes - $500
- Kirsten Affleck - $1,000
The winner of the 50 inch Plasma Panasonic TV Raffle was Mike Noade of Ensign Drilling
Fall Technical Meeting: Over 150 people attended the November 15 presentation given by, Paul Shaw of Halliburton - Sperry Drilling Services. The presentation was designed to provide the average individual an insight to the aspects of Drilling. The administrative and support staff that attended found it very informative.